Wednesday 27 May 2015

WOYWW 312: Fairyworld

Hi all, participating again in WOYWW and I have got a few things going on on my desk.  Haven't been up to much physically at my desk but I thought I'd share what I'm intending to do in the next week or so.

So here it is!

 
Pretty tidy - but that's because I've not been up to much this week. 
 
 
In the far top left is a bundle of chiffon fabric which I am intending to make a maxi dress and a top out of (pattern for top on top of fabric).  I've never sewn with chiffon before so hopefully it will go ok.  Someone told me once that you need a ball pointed needle on the sewing machine to sew successfully with chiffon - better do some reading before I start!
 
 
I have been working on my first set of baby crochet clothing.  I'm very proud of the hat and the cardigan (first time I have made both).  I also made the basket for them all to be presented in but not too sure about this...

I have also started a fair house.  Ok, its a bird house.  But the intention's there.  I have got a glass stone for the "window" and my OH has given me a "door" for the little house.  I have mod podged it with various papers and when I come to pop it in the garden, I will also give it a fairy path (brightly coloured stones from the beach kindly painted by my 3 year old daughter) and we'll hopefully have a fairy garden and house! Hopefully, it will look good.
 
 
 
 

So there you have it, my desk this week with not a lot going on but with enough to make me feel guilty for not doing enough with my crafting.  Looking forward to reading all yours...

2 comments:

  1. Love love love the fairy house idea! Your little lady will love it! I hope u sprinkle glittee at the door to show when fairy has been!
    You already know what i think to your crochet - basket included - all gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Lea. Will remember that about the glitter at doorway! Will be a nice touch! Thanks. X

    ReplyDelete