Wednesday 10 June 2015

Teeny Tiny Dresses (WOYWW 314)


Its that time of the week again to post about what’s on my desk and what I’ve been working on this week. 

I have made another couple of additions to my baby clothes are the two dresses below – apologies for the blurred pictures.  The reddy pink one is for my basket with a matching cardigan, hat and booties.  Hope to create a hairband too to match! 




When I went to Craft Club at Bramley a couple of weeks ago, we (Leanne Hinchcliffe – www.redroofcrafter.blogspot.co.uk) and I, were inspired by a piece that a lady called Amanda had done.  It was crochet and when we asked her about it, she said it was Sophie’s Universe! See www.lookatwhatimade.net to see what it looks like.  Leanne and I have looked into it, bought some yarn (see my colour choices below!), printed the instructions and we are both going to create a Sophie’s Universe! (see pic below at some finished pieces which are here - www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/yarn/crochet/sophies-universe-cal-2015/)
Sophie's Universe CAL 2015 Lookatwhatimade

I have gone for rainbow colours for my version of Sophie's Universe. Here's my yarn so far! I may need quite a bit more! Up to 20 balls I've been told!!! Think I may be addicted to buying yarn. 


At the next craft club at Bramley, there will be a table dedicated to it so we can ask questions if we get stuck.  We’ve been assured by Amanda that it is easy to follow! Having looked at the instructions, I am very excited to start and this is a project I intend to start later this week – I hope mine looks as good as the ones I’ve seen on the website and Amanda's. 
Thanks for the inspiration Amanda!

11 comments:

  1. Another yarn addict! Woohoo :-). I'm totally in love with crochet and knitting and am lucky enough to have an amazing wool shop only about three miles away. I spend a lot of time (and money!) in there. The Sophie's Universe pattern looks incredible! I'm off to follow your links...thanks for the heads up about that. When I finish the baby blanket I'm working on, I may do some stash busting!
    Hugs, LLJ 17 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty little dresses . Happy woyww Jill #21

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dresses are too cute! Your Sophie will
    Be so colourful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so sweet. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela xXx 24

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous crochet!! Love your chosen colors. And the dresses are wonderful!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #51

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had intended to visit before I fell asleep this morning, but sleep won out, especially since either blogger is very slow today, or my computer is on its last leg.

    those dresses are adorable. And the new colors you chose are so --- COLORFUL.

    I used to knit and crochet until I could no longer grip the needles or the hook. I admire your work.

    Happy WYOWW from # 1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to mention, Amanda, now that you know the size of the ATCs, you might consider making enough to send to Julia after she announces her next year's crop date. That's what I did, and I live in the US, so there's no way I can get to the crop, but always feel like I'm there in spirit, but without the cake (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those dresses are gorgeous and I love the bright colours of yarn. They will sure be fab when made up.
    Have ag reat week,
    Von #17

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't tell on my but I inherited my mothers collection of yarn and I am trying to work my way through it and enjoying it too, so yes I am a yarn addict nothing wrong with that. Love those dresses and the basket is so cute to put them in. thanks for sharing and visiting already.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those dresses are so sweet looking and such beautiful bright fun yarn to play with :) Happy Late WOYWW hugs Nikki 6

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that Universe is wonderful...what a great project, very different to the lovely dresses, they are so sweet! As for the yarn buying addiction..oh my you're in good company!!

    ReplyDelete