Wednesday 20 May 2015

How I made my spring floral bracelet...

Hi again,

I decided not too long ago that I do not have enough jewellery and so I was on a mission then to produce some spring jewellery that I could wear with the new clothes I was making (hopefully soon when I get them time).

 First of all, I started with a looped pin
Here I threaded a bead onto the pin and bent the pin over the bead
 then I cut the pin so that it was about 1 cm above the bead
 I then used round nosed plyers to twist the pin into a loop
 
which gave me a bead with two wire loops on each side (apologies for the blurred photo)
 
 I then used a larger bead and some finishing beads to place next to where the loops will be to stop them going through the bead

 
 
 Then I formed another loop as per the smaller bead above

 
 
 I then used split rings to connect the beads
 and then connect a fastener...
 
 In total, I used six small beads, one large bead and two oval beads to produce the bracelet above.
 I then went on to add the two heart beads as shown above
 
 
I used similar techniques for the earrings using ready made earring loops and now I have a lovely matching set of spring jewellery!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo I love these Amanda! Lovely set too, I might need to buy a blue set off you to match my dress! :D so pretty x

    ReplyDelete